SURF GUEST HOUSE, SURF CAMP, SURF SCHOOL & SURF GUIDE ARRIFANA
Our Surf Camp, Guest House and Surf School are based in Arrifana , a picturesque coastal town located on the most western point of the Algarve.
Arrifana has not been overdeveloped and still retains some of it’s original charm it is called the European «California». The town itself has a good range of local amenitites and also benefits from being located in a bay enclosed by tall cliffs and with local residences harmoniously sloping down almost to the water’s edge, Sagres Beach provides an excellent example of balance between human settlement and the natural environment. The ruins of the old fortress are ideal for some of the best views over the surroundings .With all the necessary infrastructures of a coastal resort, the Beach is a year round favorite for surfers from all over the world. They travel to Arrifana in searching for surf, fun, party and incredible landscapes in a ecological ambience and good vibes.
A short drive out of town if the Parque Natural do Sudoeste Alentejano e Costa Vicentina which is a protected area of natural beauty and well worth a visit.
The Western Algarve benefits from having two surfable coastlines to explore. The west coast (Vicentina) and the south coast offer a variety of point, reef and beach breaks that will suit all levels of surfers from absolute beginners to experienced surfers. We hate to use surfing clichés but this region is now being hailed as the ‘European California‘ by travelling surfers due to its warm weather and huge variety of surf spots. Spring, Summer and Autumn are ideal times to visit for the warm climate and consistent surf. Winter is a good time to visit for bigger uncrowded waves and for more advanced surfers.
We have an surf team onsite to look after you and at night you can chill on the terrace, head into Arrifana town to sample the legendry apres surf nightlife!
Quick links: Key Points | Prices | Dates and Availability
Surf Camp Overview: Surf Accommodation | Surf School
THE ARRIFANA SURFing Holiday 2018/19 Includes:
• 7 Nights Accommodation in Comfortable Surf Guest House
• Private garden, terrace, BBQ Area
• Shared or Private Bedrooms
• Chillout Lounge and Fully Equipped Kitchen
• Bed & Breakfast Basis + Picnic Lunch on Surf Days (VEGAN and Vegetarian Options)
• Beginners/Intermediates: 5 Day Surf Course ( 1 sessions in a total of 3 hours per day )
• Experienced Surfers***: 5 Day Guided Surfari ( 1 sessions in a total of 3 hours per day )
• All Equipment: Softdecks, Epoxy & Custom boards, Wetsuit, Leash etc
• FPS / ASI / ISA Qualified Surf Instructors
• Low instructor to student ratio 8 to 1
• Transport to best surf spots in region
• TV, DVD, Ping-Pong Table, Terrace/BBQ area
• Free WIFI
• Organized evenings out for party
• 1day extra surf gear rental for free (wetsuit and surfboard)
In addition to the Surfing Holiday described above we also have the flexibility in this location to tailor a package to suit your individual needs. Please contact the ZOCO Team for a personalised quote.
Prices from 340€
• Location: Arrifana, North/Western Algarve, Portugal
• Airport: Faro International Airport
• Transfer Time from Airport: 1h30min with rental car ///// 3h with Bus Shuttle 27€ //// 1h30min with Private Taxi Up to 4 Person 90€/////
• Arrival day: Preferred arrival days Sundays or Saturday in high season
• Join a Surf Camp: All year (You can come to surf with us in any time of the year)
• Airport Transfers: Yes, see prices
LOW SEASON: OCTOBER to JUNE
MID SEASON: SEPTEMBER
HIGH SEASON: JULY, AUGUST
|SURF CAMP WITH SURF LESSONS ***|
|1 WEEK||SHARED ROOM 4 bunk beds price p./person|
|1 WEEK||SHARED ROOM 3 beds + private bathroom price p./person|
|1 WEEK||Double/ twin ROOM price for 2 persons|
|1 WEEK||SINGLE ROOM price for 1 person|
|1 WEEK||SINGLE SUITE ROOM|
|1 WEEK||DOUBLE SUITE ROOM|
|*** OR GUIDED SURFARI|
|SURF CAMP EXTRAS|
|Airport transfers (Faro)|
90 € Each Way for 1-3px
Please note: all prices are per person and places are subject to availability at time of booking. We accept payment in Euros (€ EUR). Flights are not included in price, check out our Getting There guide for low cost flights to Faro International Airport.
*** Please note that Surfboard, Wetsuit, Insurance and Picnic Lunch is not included in the guided surfari package. Surfboards and wetsuits can be rented and paid for locally. Please ask Zoco team for details.
The Surf Guest House is a modern surf villa located on the edge of the arrifana beach overlooking the the hole bay within easy walking distance to local amenities, the main beaches and nightlife. The house has a great vibe and atmosphere and the onsite team will help make your stay as comfortable and enjoyable as possible.
OVERVIEW: The house comprises of a fully equipped kitchen, spacious dining area, communal living area, variety of shared/private bedrooms and a good distibution of bathrooms/WC. Outside there is a private terrace with BBQ area , Kicker Table.
BEDROOMS: The house can cater for the needs of single travellers, couples or a group of friends. Options are as follows:
• 7 bedrooms in total
• Shared quad room
• Shared triple room
• Private twin room (with private Toilet Outside of the room)
• Private double room
• Private single room
• 6 bathrooms
All rooms now have private ensuite bathrooms.
The shared bedrooms are mixed but we do try to separate woman and man.
FACILITIES/SERVICES: TV, DVD player, Free WIFI, Kicker Table , Ping-pong table.
Rooms are cleaned prior to arrival, bed linen and bath towels are provided and changed mid week and there’s also an on-site manager.
BREAKFAST: A complimentary continental breakfast is provided to all guests on a daily basis there is vegan and vegetarian options. A fully equipped kitchen is available for guests to prepare light snacks, tea, coffee etc. *** The onsite manager also organises regular BBQs which can be paid for locally.