All Year Surf Camp Package in ‘Famara’
Levels: Newbies, Beginners and Intermediates
Zoco Travel, is a International online travel agency specialize in Lanzarote and Famara and offers qualified surf lessons, in our recommended surf camps and surf schools, for all levels and all ages. Small groups between 1 and a maximum of 8 pupils per instructor, often less. Yoga and video corrections while surfing provide the best learning results (optional).
Our partner camps use clearly structured training methods, which are adapted to your individual needs.
Beginners make our first experiences on the wave with soft surfboards also called (softboards), which are later exchanged against normal surfboards (hardboards).
The language is English and Spanish. All surfing techniques are first explained on the beach in English. The learned on the beach is then implemented in the water. We spend the first few days in the water.
Later, depending on the level, we paddle into the lineup to surf the first unbroken waves.
• Location: Famara (Lanzarote North West)
• Airport: Arrecife (ACE)
• Transfer Time from Airport: 30 Minutes
• Join a Surf Clinic on any day Mon. to Sun.
• Surf Clinic Duration: 5 days/4 Hours Daily (10:30 – 16:00)
• Course Start Time: 10:30 am
• Course location: Playa Famara
• Student to Instructor Ratio: Low
The surf camps in Famara for beginners, intermediate and advanced are held all year long.
We offer 2 different surf camps this year.
A surfing camp for beginners and a surfing camp for Intermedia and advanced surfers, who have already done surfing in other camps or surf schools.
Beginners surf camp in Famara
Included in the price:
- Accommodation in the surf house located at Famara Nature Reserve and 100 meters from the beach.
- Cleaning in the common areas of the house (sheets, blankets and bath towel)
- Days of surfing lessons. (transport to the beach included)
- Special softboards for beginners, neoprene and red lycra suits.
- 10.00-12.20: Theory and practical lessons.
- 12.30: Lunch on the beach with warm sandwiches, water and fruit juice.
- 13.00-15.00: Free surfing under the supervision of a supervisor/instructor
- 1/2 day during your intensive course of 5 days Funcional surfing Balance (New teaching system-DRYSURF BALANCE) https://youtu.be/hl0K1G5MWuw
- Photo-analysis highlighting common mistakes amongst beginners.
- Level 1 certificate (25 hours).
- Photos of your surfing activities.
- 24 hour internet access.
- Qualified surfing instructors (I.S.A.) and lifeguards.
- Public liability insurance.
- Informative brochure about the island.
Price from 354€
The key benefits are as follows:
- Great budget option!!!
- Picturesque village locations, popular with travelling surfers and kitesurfers, no mass tourism!
- Longest natural beach in Lanzarote (6km) set in a protected area of natural beauty
- Sociable surf house accommodation, only meters from the ocean and surf/kitesurf beach
- Private apartments in the legendary surfing area and village of Famara Bungalow
- Good choice of tapas bars & restaurants, local shops and surf shops
- Additional activities on your doorstep including stand up paddle, mountain biking, trekking, etc
Surfcamp for intermedia and advanced level
-7 nights accommodation in our surf house
-Transportation to the beach and 5 days surf lessons
-Epoxy surfboards, neoprene suit, Lycra
-10:00 to 13:00 – theory and practice lessons
-13:00 – Lunch on the beach with warm sandwiches, fruit and water
-13:30 to 15:00 – free surfing under the supervision of our surfing instructors.
-An optional surfari, depending on the level of learning, on a rocky beach (La Santa Bay or the sunken ship of Famara) depending on the weather. On the weekday with the best weather conditions, we go to La Santa.
-Photo analysis with focus on posture and error.
-15:00 to 17:00 – the surf equipment is available for free surfing on the beach of Famara
-Saturdays – 10:30 am to 1:30 pm Surf equipment is available for free surfing on the beach of Famara
-Level 2 certificate (25 hours)
-24 hours per day Internet access
-Qualified instructors (ISA) and rescue swimmers
-Liability and accident insurance
-Information brochure about the island
Prices from 394€
The Famara surf house is ideal for single travellers or young friends who want to stay in a sociable environment and meet other surfers. All bedrooms are allocated on a single sex basis. Our surf camp has an active social scene and typical aprés surf activities include BBQ’s and sun downers on the terrace, watching surf movies in the chill out lounge and watching live music alongside the local surfers at the sunset late night music bar etc.
DATES & AVAILABILITY
Our Surf Camps in Lanzarote run all year round for all levels of surfers from newbies to pros. For experienced surfers we recommend the months October to April.
NB: Please note for safety reasons and out of respect for the local surfing communities all of the surf courses take place on the beach breaks in Playa Famara.