SURF and KITESURF CAMP
NOT SURE WHICH BOARDSPORT IS FOR YOU?
The aim of the combined surfing and kiteboarding holiday in Lanzarote is to give people a safe and fun introduction to both surfing and kitesurfing. At the end of the sessions you will have learned the fundamentals of both boardsports and you can decide which one you prefer and would like to pursue further. Be warned both surfing and kiteboarding can be addictive!
The Surfing and Kiteboarding Academy in Lanzarote is located in La Caleta de Famara and all surfing and kitesurfing lessons take place on the beach of Playa Famara.
Quick Links: 1 Week Package | Key Points | Prices | Dates & Availability | Typical Surf Session | Typical Kite Session
• 7 nights self catering accommodation
• A choice of Private Studios, Apartments and Bungalows
• 2 Kiteboarding Discovery Sessions (3h pd)
• All equipment incl.: Kites, boards, harness, helmets, life vest, wetsuit etc.
• IKO Instructor
• 3 Surfing Discovery Sessions (3-4h pd)
• Daily Picnic lunch for Surfing Days
• Surf Certificate/Diploma
• Public liability insurance
• Transfers between surf & kitesurf centre and the beach
Prices from: 475 € pw
• Location: La Caleta de Famara (Lanzarote – North West)
• Airport: Arrecife (ACF)
• Transfer Time from Airport: 30 Minutes
• Join a Course: Mon. to Sat. (closed Sun.)
• Course Duration (1 week): Kite: 2 x 3 hour sessions
• Course Duration (1 week): Surf: 3 x 3-4 hour sessions
• Course Start Time: Surf: 10:00
• Course Start Time: Kite: To be advised on ground, wind dependant
• Course location: Playa Famara
• Student to Instructor Ratio: Low
• Pickup Points: Lanzarote Island
• Pickup Times: Between 9:00 and 9:30 AM
• Minimum Age: 17 Years
Please contact the Zoco Team for a tailormade quotation.
1 WEEK SURF & KITESURF CAMP
475 € 1 week & 910€ 2 weeks
|Private Airport Transfers|
|Car Hire Prices From|
20 € pd
Please note places are subject to availability, prices are per person and all prices are quoted in Euros (EUR).
NOTE: Flights are not included in price, check out our Getting There guide for low cost flights to Arrecife Airport (ACE).
DATES & AVAILABILITY
The Lanzarote Surf & Kitesurf Combo Camp is open all year and places are subject to availability. You can join a course any day from Monday to Saterday (Closed Sundays).
Typical Surf Session
Here’s a quick overview of what to expect from a Surf Session.
09:00-09:30 Accommodation pick-up/Meet at the Surf Academy
10:00-10:30 Load boards onto trailer and sort out wetsuits, head off to the beach, select a suitable spot for the lessons.
10:05-10:15 Everybody chips in to off-load boards etc and set-up camp on the beach for the day.
10:15-10:45 Get the surfing theory down including important beach safety.
10:45-11:15 Find out who’s a goofy and who is regular and start practicing paddling and popup/stance on the beach.
11:15-11:30 Warm-up, stretching and simple exercises on the beach.
11:30-13:00 Demonstration of proning, handling board, paddling and catching waves! Then it’s over to you. Surfing under the personal guidance of the surf instructors offering encouragment and correcting any mistakes/bad habits.
13:00-13:30 Refuel with a picnic lunch and relax on the beach topping up your tan.
13:30-15:00 More stretching in preparation for the 2nd session. Free surfing under the supervision of the surfing instructors.